There are several reasons why barbecued pork ribs are so tasty:
Fat content: Pork ribs have a higher fat content than other cuts of meat, which gives them a rich, juicy flavour.
Caramelization: The process of cooking the pork ribs over a BBQ grill or smoker causes the natural sugars in the meat to caramelise and form a delicious crust on the outside.
Smokey flavour: Cooking the pork ribs over wood or charcoal imparts a smokey flavor that enhances the overall taste of the meat.
Seasoning: The combination of seasonings used to flavour the meat, such as paprika, garlic powder, and brown sugar, adds depth and complexity to the taste.
Texture: BBQ pork ribs have a tender texture that comes from slow cooking the meat over low heat, which allows the collagen and connective tissue to break down and become tender.
All of these factors combine to make BBQ pork ribs a delicious and popular dish.
If you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow BBQ pork rib recipe, look no further than these mouth-watering Carolina pork ribs.
These ribs are coated in a delicious Carolina spice mix and marinated for an hour or overnight for even more flavour.
To start, you'll need:
4 pork rib racks
8 tablespoons Carolina spice rub (be generous and coat well)
1/2 brown sugar
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
1 Tablespoon chilli powder (or 4 fresh chilli with seeds if you like it hot)
2 bay leaves,
300 mL of premium sticky BBQ sauce,
300 mL of water.
- Preheat your BBQ to 180°C.
- Coat the pork rib racks generously with the Carolina spice mix and marinate for at least one hour, or overnight if possible, to let the flavour soak in.
- Apply a barbeque sauce to both sides of the ribs, making sure to rub it into the meat.
- Place the pork racks in a roasting tray and cover them with sticky BBQ sauce, spices, and water. Cover the tray with baking paper and foil to create a sealed environment for the ribs to cook in.
- Cook the ribs on the BBQ for two hours, flipping them every hour.
- Remove the ribs from the foil, brush them with BBQ sauce, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve the ribs hot off the BBQ with your choice of sides, such as coleslaw or grilled corn. You'll have tender, juicy, and flavorful Carolina pork ribs that everyone will love. So fire up the grill and get ready to impress your friends and family with this delicious dish!