Barbecuing Caribbean jerk-spiced prawns can be a great way to add some excitement and unique flavours to your outdoor cooking experience. Here are a few reasons why you might want to try barbecuing Caribbean jerk-spiced prawns on the BBQ:
Unique flavor: Caribbean jerk seasoning is a spicy, flavorful blend of herbs and spices that is commonly used in Caribbean cuisine. It typically includes ingredients like allspice, thyme, garlic, ginger, and Scotch bonnet peppers. When used to season prawns, it can create a unique and flavourful dish that is sure to impress your guests.
Quick and easy: Prawns cook quickly on the BBQ, which means you can have a delicious meal on the table in just a few minutes. This makes them a great choice for busy weeknights or impromptu gatherings.
Healthy option: Prawns are a low-fat, high-protein food that is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. When grilled, they are a healthy and delicious option that is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Versatile: Caribbean jerk-spiced prawns can be served in a variety of ways, from skewers to salads to tacos. This makes them a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of settings.
Overall, barbecuing Caribbean jerk-spiced prawns is a great way to add some excitement and unique flavours to your outdoor cooking experience. Give it a try and see how it can elevate your BBQ game!
Grilled Caribbean Jerk Tiger Prawns
20 large tiger prawns (deveined)
2-4 tablespoons of Caribbean Jerk seasoning spice
1 cup of olive oil
Fresh Lemon for garnish
- In a large bowl mix the oil and jerk spice.
- Place the prawns in the bowl and coat thoroughly until all prawns are coated.
- Leave to marinate for up to one hour
- Heat BBQ on high or the oil in a large frying pan.
- Place the prawns in one layer and fry them until their top sides start showing edges of pink.
- Using tongs, turn each prawn on its other side.
- The prawns are fully cooked when they are complete pink, including the heads if you have left them on .
- Serve with fresh lemon