Peri Peri Chicken Roast
2kg free-range whole chicken
Fresh lemon slices and steamed rice to serve
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 red capsicum, halved and deseeded
- 4 tablespoons of Peri Peri seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 15g bunch fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat the oven 160°C
- Put the capsicum into a food processor with the rest of the paste ingredients and whizz to a pulp. Put the chicken into a medium roasting tin. Thoroughly coat the chicken in the paste. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and roast for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and piping hot throughout.
- To serve, joint the chicken, legs first then the breasts. Squeeze or decorate with lemon slices and serve with rice.